Eye Doctor in Hot Springs, Arkansas
As stay-at-home restrictions begin to lift in many areas, optometry practices are beginning to open their doors for routine care, and eye exams for glasses, contact lenses, and eye surgery will be offered once again.
Practices are implementing strict precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to ensure everyone’s safety. Below are a few of the changes you should expect when you come in for your eye exam.
Expect the Following Changes at Medical Arts OpticalMedical Arts Optical in Hot Springs has strict protocols in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infections. You should expect the following during your next appointment:
- Your optometrist will wear a face mask, gloves, and eye shield or face-covering safety shield, while patients will be required to wear a face mask.
- You will need to wash or disinfect your hands upon entering the practice, as well as when you enter different rooms.
- Packed waiting rooms will be a thing of the past. We will be spacing out seating to reduce capacity, and scheduling appointments to limit patient interaction.
- If you aren’t feeling well or have been in contact with someone who is ill, we ask you to let us know prior to your visit, and we will postpone your appointment by two to three weeks.
- We will space out appointments in a way that will allow our staff to sterilize office fixtures and equipment before and after each patient’s visit. Exam rooms will be completely disinfected between appointments.
- We will frequently wipe down counters, chairs, equipment and doorknobs. In the dispensary, eyeglass frames will be promptly disinfected after use.
- We will utilize a large shield during the slit lamp part of the eye examination, which requires the nearest doctor-to-patient contact. The protective shield will prevent respiratory droplets from being spread. (The slit lamp shines light into the patient’s eye, enabling Dr. Long to examine the internal health of your eye.)
Eye Exams & Eye Care Services Near You
The only constant in life is change. COVID-19 has led to rapid changes across most industries, and optometry is no exception. We continue to adapt to this new reality, to ensure that our patients receive the care they need, in comfort and safety. .
Is your vision blurred? Are you seeing spots or floaters? Are your glasses broken? Do you need contact lenses? Contact Medical Arts Optical in Hot Springs today for an in-office consultation.
At Medical Arts Optical, we put your family’s needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 501-525-3606 or book an appointment online to see one of our Hot Springs eye doctors.